Stay informed with access to the latest Ascendium news, news releases and more.
- COVID-19 Transfer Data Reveals Trends that Can Inform Equity and Student Success Policies
- Engaging with Media Showcases Grant Partners’ Positive Impact on Inequity
- Are You Interested in a Student-Centered Partnership?
A Pivotal Time for Postsecondary Education in Prison, the Impact of Administrative Holds on Student Success and More
- Q&A: Molly Lasagna on the State of Postsecondary Education in Prison Ahead of Pell Restoration
- Hold Up: What We Do and Don’t Know about the Impact of Holds on Postsecondary Student Success
- Congratulations to 10 Exemplary Community Colleges in the Running for 2023 Aspen Prize
There’s less than a year to go before the restoration of Pell Grant eligibility for incarcerated learners. Ahead of this historic moment, our new senior program officer focused on expanding postsecondary education in prison shares what is being done to prepare providers, what goes into creating high-quality programs and how Pell restoration is informing Ascendium’s philanthropy.
Ascendium Grows its Team to Further Our Grantmaking, Bringing Together Rural College Leaders and More
- Education Philanthropy Positions Will Enhance Evidence Based Grantmaking, Translate Evidence to Insights and Enrich Strategic Connections
- Learning Communities Bring Together Rural College Leaders
- Proposals Still Being Accepted for Fund for Workforce Equity
Education Philanthropy Positions Will Enhance Evidence Based Grantmaking, Translate Evidence to Insights and Enrich Strategic Connections
Ascendium’s Education Philanthropy is hiring for three mission-critical positions. These roles underscore our commitment to evidence-based grantmaking and will deepen our capacity to tell essential stories that amplify partners’ important work. This growth will also advance Ascendium’s thought leadership in the fields in which we operate and bolster our ability to share insights with those best positioned to improve outcomes for learners from low-income backgrounds.
Read About Our New Team Supporting Incarcerated Learners, Help Us Shape Our Future Communications and More
- Introducing Our New Expand Postsecondary Education in Prison Team
- Help Us Evolve Our Communications
- Informed Self-Placement Engages Students in the College Placement Process, With Encouraging Results
Ahead of a vital period for the postsecondary education in prison space, Ascendium has added veteran leadership to support its Expand Postsecondary Education in Prison portfolio. Molly Lasagna joins as senior program officer, and Maryann Rainey is transitioning from our Streamline Key Learner Transitions focus area. The pair will oversee a portfolio that includes Ready for Pell, our two-year initiative designed to support and strengthen postsecondary education in prison programs in advance of the restoration of Pell Grant eligibility for incarcerated adults, coming in the 2023-24 academic year.
Over $11M in New Grants, Innovative Reentry Campus Program Delivery, New Education Philanthropy Team Member and More
- Over $11 Million Invested in Grants to Support Community College Student Success, Postsecondary Completion and More
- Reentry Campus Program Takes Innovative Approach to Delivering Postsecondary Education in Prison
- Education Philanthropy Team Welcomes New Hire with Community College System Expertise
Second Chance Month Brought Needed Attention To Justice-Impacted Individuals. Now The Real Work Begins.
Lucretia Murphy of Jobs for the Future (JFF) discusses ongoing efforts to support incarcerated learners, both before and after release. This includes Ascendium’s Ready for Pell initiative, for which JFF is an intermediary partner.
Over $11 Million Invested in Grants to Support Community College Student Success, Postsecondary Completion and More
Recently, Ascendium approved new grants totaling over $11 million. These grants support a range of work, including but not limited to, student success at community colleges, the organization of stakeholders across multiple states to address the challenges of postsecondary education in prison regionally and technical assistance to rural community colleges interested in applying for federal grant dollars.
For Media Resources
Download high-resolution Ascendium logos, or request an interview with a member of our team. Our media liaison ensures all press inquiries receive a quick and clear response.