Stay informed with access to the latest Ascendium news, news releases and more.
2020 Philanthropy Report Now Available, Formation of Rural Postsecondary Research Agenda Underway and More
- Now Available! 2020 Education Philanthropy Report, Empowering Possibilities
- Work Underway for Creation of a Rural Postsecondary Education Research Agenda
- Initiatives Address Transfer from Different Angles
Ascendium Education Group has released its 2020 Education Philanthropy report, Empowering Possibilities. The report tells the story of Ascendium’s philanthropy during an unprecedented time and the tremendous efforts of our grant partners who were able to advance their work despite numerous challenges.
Ascendium is pleased to announce the availability of our 2020 Education Philanthropy Report, Empowering Possibilities. Our report tells the story of our philanthropy during an unprecedented time and the tremendous efforts of our grant partners, who were able to advance their work despite numerous challenges.
A purposeful focus on closing rural attainment gaps and advancing upward socioeconomic mobility for rural learners from low-income backgrounds is much needed in our nation. Ascendium is aiming to fill that critical gap by funding a diverse working group to create a rural postsecondary research agenda.
New Fund for Institutions to Explore Student-centric Partnerships, Exploring Technology in Prison Postsecondary Education and More
- New Transformational Partnership Fund Helps Institutions Explore Student-Centric Partnerships and Collaborations
- Open Campus Media Convening and ITHAKA Project Examine Technology in Prison Postsecondary Education Programs
- Strong Start to Finish Convening Encourages Courageous, Ambitious Action
The colleges were selected for Building Resiliency in Rural Communities for the Future of Work, a project of Achieving the Dream supported by Cognizant, JPMorgan Chase & Co., the Walmart Foundation and Ascendium.
Share Your Thoughts, Results from National Postsecondary Education in Prison Programs Survey and New Follow-up Reports for Rural Matters Podcasts
- Share Your Thoughts With Us!
- The Expanding Role of Colleges in Prison Education
- New Tools to Understand and Better Serve Those with Some College, No Degree
Rural postsecondary education professionals and policymakers now have a complete collection of resources at their disposal thanks to a partnership between Ascendium, Rural Matters and MDRC.
New Grants Awarded, Pell Grant Ban for Incarcerated Learners Lifted and Several New Key Resources Published
- Ascendium Invests $16.2 Million in Degree Persistence, Health Pathways, Digital Career Growth
- Groundbreaking New National Directory of Higher Education in Prison Programs Released
- Additional Maintain Momentum Grants Benefit Organizations Serving Learners from Low-Income Backgrounds
Ascendium Invests $16.2 Million in Degree Persistence, Health Pathways, Sustainable Digital Careers and More
Ascendium’s Board of Directors has approved funding for 19 new grants totaling more than $16.2 million. This includes a wide range of efforts aimed at improving education and career outcomes for postsecondary learners from low-income backgrounds, especially first-generation learners, veterans, incarcerated learners, rural community members and learners of color.
For Media Resources
Download high-resolution Ascendium logos, or request an interview with a member of our team. Our media liaison ensures all press inquiries receive a quick and clear response.