Stay informed with access to the latest Ascendium news, news releases and more.
Recent Resources Show the Value of Good Workforce Training Programs
A college education can be transformative, but it’s not the only route to career success. We’ve rounded up three resources highlighting promising approaches to workforce training that are already working to improve the lives of learners from low-income backgrounds.
Meet Our New Program Officer for Strategic Engagement, Learn How Rural Community Colleges Are Helping Learners, and More
- Introducing Our New Program Officer for Strategic Engagement, Amy Kuether
- Rural Community Colleges Utilize Strengths and Assets to Improve Learner Success
- Perspectives from the Field: Community Colleges Connect Learners to Credentials that Meet Local Workforce Needs
Rural Community Colleges Utilize Strengths and Assets to Improve Learner Success
Rural community colleges offer many examples and lessons on how to improve postsecondary education success for learners from low-income backgrounds. Institutions across the country can learn from the rural community colleges profiled in the Aspen Institute College Excellence Program’s (CEP) latest report, which highlights how they utilize their strengths and assets to best serve their learners. Insights shared in the report will also inform continued enhancements to CEP’s curriculum for community college leadership and its on-the-ground support of institutions working on transforming to better serve learners.
Lifting Up Postsecondary Education in Prison During Second Chance Month and More
- It’s Time to Change the Way We Think About Incarcerated Learners
- Three Takeaways from RAND Corporation’s Report: Assessing the Impact of COVID-19 on Prison Education
- Record Number of Wisconsin Apprentices Receive Tools of the Trade Scholarships
Keith Witham Named New Vice President - Education Philanthropy, Q&A with AHEP’s Ved Price and More
- A Message from Our New Vice President - Education Philanthropy, Keith Witham
- Q&A: AHEP’s Ved Price on the State of Postsecondary Education in Prison Programs
- Grant Partners Selected for Building Evidence to Increase Rural Learner Success
Ascendium Announces Grant Partners for Building Evidence to Increase Rural Learner Success
Ascendium is pleased to announce the grant partners selected to receive funding through our Building Evidence to Increase Rural Learner Success initiative.
Over $69 Million in New Grants, the Learning and Impact Team Welcomes Jessa Valentine and More
- $69 Million+ in New Grants Highlighted by Investments in Job Pathways, Partnerships and More
- Jessa Valentine Joins Learning and Impact Team
- CORI Research on Digital Skilling is Put into Practice
CORI Research on Digital Skilling is Put into Practice
Recent research from the Center on Rural Innovation (CORI) showed that there is both a desire from rural residents and a need from local employers for tech skilling programs specific to a rural context. With a grant from Ascendium, CORI will build off that prior research and demonstrate how tech training programs centered around the needs of rural learners, employers and communities can foster upward mobility.
$69 Million+ in New Grants Highlighted by Investments in Job Pathways, Partnerships and More
Ascendium’s philanthropy is off to a fast start in 2023 with the recent approval of 34 grants totaling over $69 million. Included in these grants is support for initiatives to connect learners from low-income backgrounds with good jobs, strengthen conditions for partnerships to emerge between colleges and employers, invest in high-quality postsecondary education in prison systems and more.
Trends We’re Watching in 2023, Promising IT Career Training Pathways for Learners and More
- Postsecondary Education Trends We’re Watching in 2023
- Investing in IT Career Training Pathways Shows Promise for Adult Learners
- Partnership with The Chronicle of Higher Education Elevates Learner Voices
For Media Resources
Download high-resolution Ascendium logos, or request an interview with a member of our team. Our media liaison ensures all press inquiries receive a quick and clear response.
Subscribe and Stay Connected
Get Ascendium news right to your inbox, from grant announcements and project spotlights to where you can find our program staff in the field.