Stay informed with access to the latest Ascendium news, news releases and more.
Over $11M in New Grants, Innovative Reentry Campus Program Delivery, New Education Philanthropy Team Member and More
- Over $11 Million Invested in Grants to Support Community College Student Success, Postsecondary Completion and More
- Reentry Campus Program Takes Innovative Approach to Delivering Postsecondary Education in Prison
- Education Philanthropy Team Welcomes New Hire with Community College System Expertise
Over $11 Million Invested in Grants to Support Community College Student Success, Postsecondary Completion and More
Recently, Ascendium approved new grants totaling over $11 million. These grants support a range of work, including but not limited to, student success at community colleges, the organization of stakeholders across multiple states to address the challenges of postsecondary education in prison regionally and technical assistance to rural community colleges interested in applying for federal grant dollars.
Ascendium’s Education Philanthropy is excited to share a new program officer has joined our team! Valerie Crespín-Trujillo will support strategic grantmaking in our Streamline Key Learner Transitions and Support Rural Postsecondary Education and Workforce Training focus areas. Her valuable knowledge and experience with community college systems makes her a great addition to our team, and we look forward to exploring how those experiences can inform our future grantmaking.
Support for Incarcerated Learners through New Coding Course, New Projects that Aim to Link Learner Transition Data and More
- Coding Course Prepares Incarcerated Learners for Careers in Technology
- Ascendium Invests in Projects that Link
Postsecondary Education and Workforce Data
- Over 500 Apprentices Receive Tools of the Trade
Ascendium Education Group has released its 2021 Education Philanthropy report, Stronger Together. The report tells the story of Ascendium’s philanthropy during 2021 and what can be achieved through partnership and collaboration.
Ascendium is pleased to announce the availability of our 2021 Education Philanthropy Report, Stronger Together.
- Ascendium Strengthens Education Philanthropy Team With New Hires
- AAC&U Publishes Web-Based Tool For Campuses Engaged in Guided Pathways
- Ready for Pell Announces 22 New Grant Partners, Representing Diverse Postsecondary Education in Prison Programs
- Ascendium’s Education Philanthropy Looks Forward in 2022
- Competency-Based Education Field Guide Launches
Ascendium’s Education Philanthropy is excited to begin another year where we explore new ideas and approaches in support of our mission. We’ll continue funding important work that aims to change postsecondary education and workforce training systems so that more learners from low-income backgrounds can achieve academic and career success. Read more about our aspirations for 2022 across our four focus areas as shared by our Grantmaking team.
There’s a lot of complexity around the term ‘rural,’ particularly when classifying postsecondary institutions as such. Using a new metric and definition, the Alliance for Research on Regional Colleges has identified over 1,000 rural-serving institutions.
For Media Resources
Download high-resolution Ascendium logos, or request an interview with a member of our team. Our media liaison ensures all press inquiries receive a quick and clear response.